Adult Accelerated Degree Program (UCAP)
Call 440-684-6130 to speak with a counselor or to schedule a visit
What is the Ursuline College Adult Program (UCAP)?
- The Ursuline College Adult Program (UCAP) is a bachelor degree completion program tailored to the needs of busy adult men and women.
- The program is designed for adults who have at least 30 hours of college credit. Some exceptions may be made for those having slightly less than 30 college credit hours.
- Discounted competitive tuition rates with financial assistance and deferred payment options for adult students. No extra fees, free parking and access to all college services.
- Liberal transfer policies and possible credit for professional work experience.
- Take one course at a time, most over a five-week period, meeting one day per week from 6-10 PM Monday through Thursday or 8:30-12:30 PM Saturdays.
- The accelerated five-week format allows students to earn up to 27 credit hours per year in nine class starts each year.
- The short, five week sessions allow the flexibility of stepping out of the program for five weeks without a significant disruption in progress toward degree completion.
- Small class sizes, online and hybrid course options for greater convenience.
- Personal tutoring and support services. Need help with computers, time management or study skills? We have personal tutors for you.
- Learn with other working adults who bring their knowledge and personal experience to classroom discussions.
- Hassle free admissionsand registration process.
- Benefit from the excellent academic reputation of Ursuline College.
How much does it cost? Is financial aid available?
- UCAP students receive a 38% discount over the standard Ursuline College credit hour cost.
- The current UCAP tuition rate per credit hour is $ 565. There are no additional fees and parking is free!
- UCAP students are eligible for federal financial aid. For more information, click here.
How long will it take me to complete my degree through UCAP?
- Students can take up to 27 credit hours in a calendar year.
- Your total number of credit hours in in the UCAP program will be determined by the number of credits you transfer in from your previous college experience as well as the number of credits needed to complete your degree in the program of study you select.
- UCAP Admissions will develop a personal degree plan for you itemizing credits received and credits needed to complete your degree.
What makes UCAP different from other adult degree completion programs?
- Each student has a personal admissions and academic counselor who guides you through graduation.
- Discounted Ursuline tuition for adult students in the UCAP program. UCAP tuition rates are competitive with other area college programs.
- Liberal transfer of credit and possible credit for professional work experience.
- Accommodates working adults by allowing adults to step in and step out as life requires.
- Respected among Northeast Ohio employers.
- A diverse network of peers and alumni.
- The strong reputation and academic tradition of a well-established private college.
How do I get started?
First, let’s talk. We want to get to know you and find out what’s most important to you.
Just give us a call or make an appointment to visit. Evening and Saturday appointments are available.
We’ll personally guide you through our hassle-free admissions process.
Ready to apply now? Here’s what we need:
With this information, we can complete a preliminary degree plan which will tell you approximately how many credits you can transfer and how many credits you will need to complete your degree.
- A completed application which can be done online
- Unofficial copies of all college transcripts (can be faxed or sent electronically)
- Why do we need these documents?
Learn more by filling out this simple form.
- Visit and talk to us. Take a short writing assessment (this tells us which introductory course is best for you).