Questions to ask in August/September:
1. Can you name three friends you have made at Ursuline?
2. What classes/instructors do you like/dislike at this point? Why?
3. How are you staying organized? Planner? Calendar on your computer or phone?
4. Do you know who your academic advisor is? If not, do you know where to find that information?
5. What 'Welcome Week' activities did you attend? What was your favorite?
6. Have you visited your professors during their office hours?
7. What is the biggest difference you've noticed between high school and college?
8. Do you know the deadline date for withdrawing from a class?
9. Do you need a tutor for any of your classes? Have you visited URSA?
10. Are you making an effort to get involved on campus?
11. Are you checking your Ursuline email and responding in an appropriate time-frame?
Questions to ask in October:
1. How did your mid-term exams go?
2. Have you talked to your instructors one-on-one during their office hours?
3. What are some of the college’s resources you’ve used and found helpful?
4. Are you managing your money wisely?
5. (Mid-late Oct.) When is your appointment with your
advisor to plan your next semester?
Questions to ask in November:
1. How did your advising appointment go?
2. Do you have any holds on your enrollment? (Admission, Bursar, Advising) If so, what action have you taken to have them removed?
3. When do you register for Spring classes?
4. What are your thoughts about your major?
5. What are your grades in each of your classes before your leave for Thanksgiving? There is just about two weeks of classes left after you return from Thanksgiving break.
6. What projects will be due upon your return from Thanksgiving?
Questions to ask in December:
1. What have you enrolled in next semester?
2. Were there any complications enrolling in any of your courses?
3. How many credit hours will you be taking?
4. When is your last final exam during finals week?
5. Will you be attending Ursuline’s ‘Late-Night-Breakfast’ during finals week?
6. Looking back, what were some highlights of the semester?
7. What are you hungry for when you come home for break?
Additional Questions for Spring Semester:
1. Have you visited career services?
2. Have you discussed your career goals with your advisor?
3. Do you have a mentor on campus?
4. Do you feel like you’re making the most of your college experience? Do you feel that you’ve grown academically, socially, and personally?
5. (If student is working) How are your handling balancing work and classes/homework?
6. What have you done lately to de-stress or have fun?
7. Have you explored any student groups, volunteer or leadership opportunities?
8. Do you feel that you are gaining life skills that will benefit you later in life? If not, what can you do to make this happen?