Information by Subject | Historic Preservation
America: History and Life
- Index to articles on the history and culture of the United States and Canada.
American Periodical Series Online 1740-1900
- Over 1,100 periodicals that first began publishing between 1740 and 1900, including special interest and general magazines, literary and professional journals, children's and women's magazines, and many other historically-significant periodicals.
Art Full Text
- Index and abstracts for articles in art.
- A digital library of more than one million images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences.
Digital Resource Commons
- Several databases of electronic images or videos; also includes sound, numeric data, and other types of electronic media.
Films on Demand
- Unlimited access to more than 12,000 videos and 100,000 segments for topics in Humanities & Social Sciences, Business & Economics, Science & Mathematics and Health & Medicine to name a few. The collections are dynamic, so any new videos acquired are added to the resource automatically. Public performance rights are also included.
- Catalog of books and other materials held in the Besse Library as well as access to books and materials held at Ohio college and university libraries.
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation(ACHP)
- See also: useful resources on the web
The Building Technology Heritage Library
- A collection of American and Canadian, pre-1964 architectural trade catalogs, house plan books and technical building guides.
Built in America: Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record, 1933 - Present (Library of Congress)
Cities and Buildings Database
- This database is "a collection of digitized images of buildings and cities drawn from across time and throughout the world". The collection continues to grow and is in the public domain.
- Photographs and information on Cleveland skyscrapers.
- University of Maryland's National Trust for Historic Preservation Library Collection page dedicated to kit houses. Resources include an overview and identification guide for kit houses, bibliographies, and links to online resources for published and archival research on kit homes by various manufacturers.
Library of Congress American Memory - Architecture, Landscape
- Nine collections of architecture photographs from the Library of Congress' American memory Project.
National Parks Service
National Register of Historic Places
National Trust for Historic Preservation
- The magazine of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. This is a searchable site containing the full text of articles from the monthly publication.
Sears Kit Houses
- The site has almost all of the catalogs in digital form in the company's history of offering kit houses, in addition to a good historical background.
- International database and gallery of structures from ancient times to present day.