Information by Subject | English
Academic Search Complete
- Index, abstracts, and full text for many scholarly publications covering all academic areas of study.
Alexander Street Press
- Collection of videos for scholarly research, teaching, and learning.
American & English Literature: Drama Collection
- Works of drama based on books and other sources originally published in print. Includes American Drama, English Prose Drama 1280-1915, and English Verse Dramas 13th-19th Centuries.
American & English Library: Full Collection
- Works of poetry, drama, and prose based on books and other sources originally published in print.
American & English Literature: Poetry Collection
- Works of poetry based on books and other sources originally published in print. Includes African American Poetry 1760-1900, American Poetry 1600-1900, English Poetry 600-1900, 20th Century African-American Poetry, 20th Century American Poetry, and 20th Century English Poetry.
American & English Literature: Shakespeare Collection
- Editions and Adaptations of Shakespeare
Bibliography of American Literature
- A comprehensive bibliographic guide, providing nearly 40,000 records of the literary works of approximately 300 American writers from the American Revolution to 1930.
Film & Television Literature Index
- Index and abstracts of articles related to film and television.
Filmakers Library Online
- (Now known as Alexander Street Press)
documentaries with relevance across the curriculum: race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more.
Films on Demand
- Unlimited access to more than 12,000 videos and 100,000 segments for topics in Humanities & Social Sciences, Business & Economics, Science & Mathematics and Health & Medicine to name a few. The collections are dynamic, so any new videos acquired are added to the resource automatically. Public performance rights are also included.
Foreign Language Videos
- Foreign language video clips in which native speakers elaborate on a wide variety of topics about their culture, family daily life, and more.
(international humanities & social sciences) - Index to multilingual, multidisciplinary information in the humanities, social sciences, and economics.
- A unique collection of scholarly academic journals from renowned Latin American and Spanish publishers. Provides coverage for nearly 200 scholarly Spanish language journals. Content is provided in Spanish.
Humanities International Complete
- Comprehensive database of humanities content.
International Bibliography of Theatre and Dance with Full Text
- Index, abstracts, full text for articles and other publications on all aspects of theater and performance. Includes indexing for books, book articles and dissertation abstracts.
- Catalog of books and other materials held in the Besse Library as well as access to books and materials held in Ohio college and university libraries.
Literary Reference Center Plus
- Combines information from reference works, books, literary journals as well as original content. Includes more than 10,000 plot summaries, synopses and work overviews, 75,000 articles of literary critcism, 130,000 author biographies, full text of over 300 literary journals, 500,000 book reviews, 25,000 classic and contemporary poems, 11,000 classic and contemporary short stories, full text of over 7,500 classic novels, 3,000 author interviews, and over 1,000 images of key literary figures.
MLA Directory of Periodicals
- List of periodicals in literature, language, linguistics, and folklore that are covered regularly in the MLA International Bibliography
MLA International Bibliography
- Index to books and articles on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics.
Oxford English Dictionary
- Historical dictionary of the English Language.
Roget's II: The New Thesaurus
- Thesaurus of the English Language.
Russian Academy of Sciences Bibliography
- Index and abstracts in Slavic studies, covering articles, books, and other literature on social sicences and humanities.
Academy of American Poets
- Includes biographies ofpoets and full text of many poems.
Complete works of William Shakespeare
- Full text of Shakespeare's plays.
The English Renaisssance in Context
- Full text of many texts of the English Renaissance. Also includes tutorials on Shakespeare and the early modern material text.
Folger Shakespeare Library
- Web site of Folger Shakespeare Library, which includes resources for students, teachers, and scholars on Shakespeare's life and works.
Gale's Literary Index
- Master index to the major literature products published by Thomson Publishing.
Global Shakespeares Video and Performance Archive
- Provides online access to performances of Shakespeare from many parts of the world as well as essays and metadata provided by scholars and educators in the field.
Internet Public Library Online Literary Criiticism Collection
- Selected critical and biographical websites about authors and their works. Can be browsed by author, title, or nationality and literary period.
The Linguist List
- A site "dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis".
- Information about medieval, Renaissance, and 17th century literature plus links to scholarly resources and criticism.
Mr. William Shakespeare
- Information about Shakespeare and his times plus links to other sites about him and literary criticism of his works.