**We are still accepting applications for fall semester 2014. Classes begin August 25. Complete the fall 2014 application using this form today.**
Spring and Fall 2015 transfer applicants, Apply Now.
Transfer applicants can expect a decision by mail within 2 weeks of the date all required application materials are received. An official credit evaluation outlining transferable courses and direct equivalencies will be mailed to you following your admission.
If you were previously enrolled as a full or part-time postsecondary student at another college or university, please submit the following items in addition to your online application:
Transfer applicants with less than 45 quarter hours or 30 semester hours must also submit
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges attended
Transfer applicants to the Breen School of Nursing must also submit:
- Official high school transcripts or GED
- Results from the ACT or SAT exam (only if under age 23)
- Ursuline College "super scores" both the ACT and SAT, considering only the best subscores, even if achieved on different test dates
- ACT or SAT scores can be submitted directly from the testing agency
Optional for transfer students applying to any academic program
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor or adviser. (Optional for applicants seeking all other majors)
- Letter of good standing (only required of students previously enrolled in another nursing program)
- Recommendation letter (required for Nursing applicants)
- Personal Statement (included in the online application)
- Interview with an admission counselor
Ursuline’s Admission Committee seeks to identify and admit students who will add character to the college community while succeeding academically. To make a qualified decision, the Admission Committee will holistically consider:
- Completed application for admission
- Evidence of ability to succeed in college coursework
- Test scores (if required)
- Personal qualities, work experience, and extracurricular success, if evidenced in letter(s) of recommendation, personal statement, and on-campus interview
While no minimum grade point average is specified for admission to most academic programs, most admitted transfer applicants enter Ursuline with a minimum college GPA of at least a 2.5. Transfer applicants must provide evidence of readiness for future success at Ursuline College. *Please note additional requirements and different criteria apply for Nursing applicants.