Information by Subject | Sociology
Alexander Street Press
- Collection of videos for scholarly research, teaching, and learning.
Ancestry Library Edition
- Geneology database. This database is only accessible on campus on a one year trial.
- Index to articles and reports in anthropology and archaeology.
Bibliography of Native North Americans
- Covers all aspects of native North American culture, history, and life. This resource covers a wide range of topics including archaeology, multicultural relations, gaming, governance, legend, and literacy.
- Index to resources on Mexican-American and Latino topics.
Contemporary Women's Issues
(1992-June 2006) - Index and abstracts of women's studies literature from journals, newsletters, and reports.
Filmakers Library Online
- (Now known as Alexander Street Press)
documentaries with relevance across the curriculum: race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more.
Films on Demand
- Unlimited access to more than 12,000 videos and 100,000 segments for topics in Humanities & Social Sciences, Business & Economics, Science & Mathematics and Health & Medicine to name a few. The collections are dynamic, so any new videos acquired are added to the resource automatically. Public performance rights are also included.
Gender Studies Database
- Produced by NISC, combines NISC's popular Women's Studies International
and Men's Studies
databases with the coverage of sexual diversity issues. Coverage spanning from 1972 and earlier to present.
- Information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more.
LGBT Life with Full Text
- Provides coverage to literature regarding Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender issues including all of the content available in LGBT Life as well as full text for 50 of the most important and historically significant LGBT journals, magazines and regional newspapers, along with dozens of full text monographs.
- Catalog of books and other materials held in the Besse Library as well as access to books and materials held at Ohio college and university libraries.
Social Sciences Citation Index (ISI)
- Index, abstracts, and cited references for articles in the social sciences.
Social Work Abstracts
- The database provides indexing and abstracts dealing with all aspects of the social work field, including theory and practice, areas of service and social issues and problems.
SocINDEX with Full Text
- Comprehensive sociology research database. Contains full text for 253 "core" coverage journals dating back to 1895, and72 "priority" coverage journals. This database also includes full text for 547 books and monographs, and full text for 6,711 conference papers.
Women's Studies International
- Produced by NISC, covers the core disciplines in Women's Studies to the latest scholarship in feminist research. Spans from 1972 and earlier to present.
American Women: A Gateway to Library of Congress Resources for the Study of Women's History and Culture in the United States
- This site contains a fully searchable version of the print publication American Women: A Library of Congress Guide for the Study of Women's History and Culture in the United States
. This site also contains tips on searching for women's history.
- From the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, a research unit of the New York Public Library. Online exhibitions cover topics such as the African Diaspora, slavery, African art, and African American history.
Discovering American Women's History Online
- Database provides access to digital collections of primary sources (photos, letters, diaries, artifacts, etc.) that document the history of women in the United States.
Gilder Lehrman Center for the Study of Slavery, Resistance, and Abolition Online Resources
- An index providing links to slavery and abolition resources.
- A central site that allows the user to draw statistics on countries from a number of authoritative resources.
- Collection of statistics on social and economic conditions in the United States and selected international data.The library holds this volume in the reference collection