Information by Subject | Science
- Online encyclopedia of science and technology.
- Bibliographic records from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Agricultural Library. Coverage for AGRICOLA dates back to 1970.
- Index and abstracts to international journal articles in biological and medical research. BIOSIS Previews also covers books and meetings.
- A source of reliable and up-to-date information on the effects of interventions in health care. Published on a quarterly basis, The Cochrane Library is designed to provide information and evidence to support decisions taken in health care and to inform those receiving care. The Cochrane Library consists of a regularly updated collection of evidence-based medicine databases.
- Indexes monographs, journals, and conference papers on the topic.
Filmakers Library Online
- documentaries with relevance across the curriculum: race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more.
Garden, Landscape & Horticulture Index
- Index and abstracts for articles about plants and gardens.
- Catalog of books and other materials held in the Besse Library as well as access to books and materials held at Ohio college and university libraries.
- Spanish language collection of medical research and investigative journals published by renowned Latin American medical publishers.
MEDLINE with full text (EBSCO)
- A comprehensive index for medical journals and provides full text for more than 1,370 journals.
- PubMed is service of the National Library of Medicine that includes over 16 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles back to the 1950s. PubMed includes links to full text articles and other related resources.
Science Citation Index Expanded (ISI)
- Index, abstracts, and cited references for articles in the sciences.
- Presents a broad range of scientific disciplines through extensive definitions, essays, diagrams, biographies, and experiments.
- Consumer information about genetic conditions and the genes responsible for those conditions.
Great Lakes Fishery Commission
- Excellent resource for ecology.
Great Lakes Information Network
- Wealth of information on a broad range of environmental, policy, and economic issues in the context of the Great Lakes region.
The Green Guide
- Green Guide
was acquired by National Geographic Society in March 2007, as part of NGS' global commitment to inform and inspire people to care about the planet. Dubbed the “green living source for today’s conscious consumer”, the Green Guide
makes living in an environmentally-aware way easy, understandable, and practical.
National Center for Biotechnology Information
- National resource for molecular biology information.
- Information about rare and endangered species and threatened ecosystems in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America.
Ohio Watershed Network (Ohio State University)
- Information about Ohio watersheds and their conservation.
Scitable, by Nature Publishing Group
- concentrates on genetics and cell biology, which include the topics of evolution, gene expression, and the rich complexity of cellular processes shared by living organisms.
ACSWeb (American Chemical Society)
- National professional organization for chemists.
Chemistry for Life
- Role of chemistry in everyday life.
OPPT Chemical Fact Sheets
- U.S. Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics information about the human and environmental effects of exposure to selected chemicals.
Periodic Table Live!
- A one-stop site for data on every element.
- Information about elements.
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) - ScienceNow
is the open access section of Science
magazine online. This site contains all the latest news for the scientific community, including daily news from ScienceNow
and weekly from Science
Global Climate Change, NASA
- A multimedia Web site featuring photographs, movies, animations, interactive graphics, and other engaging presentations of NASA's research into climate change.
Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB)
- National Library of Medicine's toxicology database.
- Information on issue-oriented questions about education, science, technology, and health in the U.S. Includes links to many full text publications.
National Library of Medicine Special Information Services
- Information resources and services in toxicology, environmental health, chemistry, HIV/AIDS, and specialized topics in minority health.
- "The purpose of this website is to provide undergraduates interested in and/or currently participating in undergraduate research experiences in science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics with ready information and links to reliable electronic resources on all aspects of the undergraduate research experience."