Information by Subject | Government
U.S. Census Bureau
- A wealth of data about the United States, including population and housing, busines and industry, and more. Quick links are provided for the Census 2000 and 2010 websites.
CIA World Factbook
- Comprehensive resouce of facts and statistcs on more than 250 countries and other entities.
- Enter your zip code to quickly find contact information for your federal, state, and local representatives. This site also provides access to Roll Call
, a daily Capital Hill newspaper.
- Provides information about the U.S. Congress; how it works, its members and leaders, and public policies it produces. Directed to teachers of American Government and Civics.
- Access to official statistics collected and published by federal agencies.
- Gateway to information disseminated by the federal government including documents, forms, and other files and databases.
- Central site that allows the user to find statistics on countries from a number of authoritative resources.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, the training and education needed, earnings, and expected job prospects in a wide range of occupations.
Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics
- Data from more than 100 sources about many aspects of criminal justice in the United States.
- Collection of statistics on social and economic conditions in the United States and selected international data. The library holds this volume in the reference collection
- Official site of the United States Supreme Court. Search Supreme Court files and Supreme Court Docket Files.
- "Legislative information from the Library of Contress." Search bills, committee reports, and presidential nominations and learn more about current Congress activity on this website.
United States Government Manual
- Comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches.
- Centralized place to find information from U.S. local, state and federal government agency websites.