Information by Subject | Fashion
Academic Search Complete
- Index, abstracts, and full text for many scholarly publications covering all academic areas of study.
America: History and Life
- Index to articles on the history and culture of the United States and Canada.
Art Full Text
- Index and abstracts for articles in art.
Article First (OCLC)
- Index of articles, news stories, letters, and other items from over 12,000 journals. Topics covered include business, humanities, medicine, popular culture, sciences, social science, and technology.
- A digital library of more than one million images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences.
Berg Fashion Library
- allows for searchable access to the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion online, e-books, reference books, images, and more.
Business Source Complete
- Index, abstracts, and full text covering scholarly business journals on management, economics, finance, accounting, international business and much more.
- Index and abstracts to articles covering world history from 1450 to present (excluding U.S. and Canada).
- Catalog of books and other materials held in the Besse Library as well as access to books and materials held at Ohio college and university libraries.
- Full text for regional U.S. newspapers, international newspapers, newswires, and newspaper columns.
Chicago History Museum, Digital Collection: Costume and Textile Collection
- features 50,000-plus artifacts from the mid-18th century to present.
The Costume Gallery
- Costumes from the 19th and 20th centuries.
- A premier site with over 800 pages of fashion and costume information.
Drexel University Costume Collection
- Historic costume collection at Drexel University.
Elizabethan Costume Page
- A goldmine of information on 16th century English dress.
- Information about various fabrics, their care, fabric products, and fabric industry news and innovation.
- Analyzes two centuries of women's costume history and fashion history silhouettes in detail.
The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising's Kool Connections: Links to the Fashion, Entertainment and Design Industries
- Metasite, prepared by the Fashion Institute of Design. Provides a great number of useful Internet links to apparel, textile, costume and design associations, metasites, exhibits, e-zines and related business news and information sources. There are also links to leading fashion designers and government agencies.
Fashion Net: The Guide to All Things Chic
- Current fashion news as well as information on designers, fashion shows, museums related to fashion as well as job listings, fashion schools, and advice on how to have a career in the fashion industry.
International Year of Natural Fibres
- Website for this international year that has the goal of raising "the profile of [natural] fibres and to emphasise their value to consumers while helping to sustain the incomes of the farmers." Includes feature stories about natural fibers and fiber industry (such as Peru's alpaca herders), event listings, and profiles of natural fibers such as flax, jute, sisal, and wool.
- Comprehensive coverage of the textile industry from crochet machines to the uses of acrylic yarn.
Ursuline Fashion Links
- Ursuline Department of Fashion recommended websites.