Information by Subject | Education
Academic Search Complete
- Index, abstracts, and full text for many scholarly publications covering all academic areas of study. Includes or has
links to full text.
Alexander Street Press
- Collection of videos for scholarly research, teaching, and learning.
Digital Resource Commons
- Several databases of electronic images or videos; also includes sound, numeric data, and other types of electronic media.
Digital Video Collection
- Digital videos covering many subjects. Currently includes videos from the distributor, Films for the Humanities and Sciences.
- For elementary school students.
Education Full Text
- Index and abstracts covering contemporary education issues.
Education in Video
- (Now known as Alexander Street Press)
Online collection of streaming video developed specifically for training and developing teachers. The collection contains more than 1,000 video titles totaling 750 hours of teaching demonstrations, lectures, documentaries, and primary-source footage of students and teachers in actual classrooms.
Education Research Complete
- Index and abstracts of articles and other publications in education research.
- Education Resources Information Center. Index and abstracts of articles, books, and documents covering education research and practice.
Films on Demand
- Unlimited access to more than 12,000 videos and 100,000 segments for topics in Humanities & Social Sciences, Business & Economics, Science & Mathematics and Health & Medicine to name a few. The collections are dynamic, so any new videos acquired are added to the resource automatically. Public performance rights are also included.
- Index to magazines, reference books and more for grades K-5.
- Catalog of books and other materials held in the Besse Library as well as access to books and materials held at Ohio college and university libraries.
MAS Ultra - School Edition
- Index, abstracts, and full text for popular high school magazines.
Middle Search Plus
- Index, abstracts, and full text for popular middle school magazines.
- Index, abstracts, and full text for popular elementary school magazines.
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Index, abstracts, and full text covering topics such as emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry and psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods.
(for elementary and middle school students) - Graphical interface for elementary and middle school students.Provides access to magazine articles, pictures,encyclopedias, and a dictionary through an animated interface.
Student Research Center
- Index to magazines, reference books, biographies, primary sources, and more for students in grades 6-12.
World Book Web
- World Book Encyclopedia, Dictionary, Atlas, and other research tools.
Academic Content Standards
- K-12 standards from the Ohio Department of Education. Also available in print.
Caldecott and Newbery Medal Books
- Lists of award winning children's books from the American Library Association.
Encyclopedia of Educational Technology
- Encyclopedia from San Diego State University. Hosts short multimedia articles on a variety of topics related to the fields of instructional design in education.
National Catholic Educational Association
- Organization to support and foster Catholic education at all levels.
Ohio Department of Education
- Homepage of the Ohio Department of Education.
U.S. Department of Education
- Annotated web directory for teachers and students.
Best of History Websites
- Contains annotated links to over 1000 history web sites as well as links to hundreds of K-12 history lesson plans, history teacher guides, history activities, history games, history quizzes, and more.
- All encompassing site includes classroom management, lesson plans, book and product reviews, new teacher information, chat rooms and more.
What Works Clearinghouse
Digital History: Using New Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Research
- Online collection of images, documents, timelines, and resouces for K-12 teachers.
- Resource to help educators use the internet in classroom instruction.
- Over 3,000 free lesson plans.
Ohio Resource Center for Mathematics, Science and Reading
- Teacher resources linked to Ohio's Content Standards. Also includes valuable news for educators, links to grants, and more.
- Free tool to help teachers create rubrics by providing customizable templates. Also offers ability to analyze grades to detect problems.
- Source of free online videos, lesson plans, interactive activities.
- Free profesional development and classroom videos for teachers.
World History for All of Us
- Provides teaching units, lesson plans, and other resources to help teachers achieve goals when teaching world history.
Child Care & Early Education Research Connections
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use collection of more than 12,000 resources from the many disciplines related to child care and early education.
- Founded in 1974, the MDRC was started by the Ford Foundation and a set of federal agencies. As their website indicates, "MDRC was created to learn what works in social policy." While some may remember their well-known work on evaluating state welfare-to-work programs, MDRC now studies public school reforms, employment programs for ex-prisoners, people with disabilities, and other weighty matters. From their homepage, visitors can look in on their latest publications and featured publications, such as "Building a Culture of Evidence for Community College Student Access". Other research and policy materials are organized thematically on the site in sections such as "Higher Ed", "K-12 Ed", "Workers & Communities", and "Families & Children". Visitors who wish to stay on top of their latest releases can sign up for email updates and RSS feeds.
National Center for Education statistics
- Data from several NCES sources including: The Condition of Education
, The Digest of Education Statistics
and Projections of Education Statistics
. Some resources are also available in print.
Pew Internet & American Life Project
- The Pew Internet & American Life Project produces reports that explore the impact of the internet on families, communities, work and home, daily life, education, health care, and civic and political life.
School District Demographic System
- . A statistical tool from the U.S. Census and Department of Education. Enables users to directly access school district geographic and demographic data.
What Works Clearinghouse
- Best practices in Education.