Information by Subject | Art
Alexander Street Press
- Collection of videos for scholarly research, teaching, and learning.
Art & Architecture Complete
- Full-text database for articles in art and architecture with over 63,000 images.
Art & Architecture Images
- Over 80,000 art and architecture images from commercial sources, plus contributions from OhioLINK institutions.
Arts & Humanities Citation Index (ISI)
- Index and cited references for articles in the arts and humanities.Art Full Text
- Index and abstracts for articles in art.
Art Index Retrospective: 1929-1984
- Access to over half a century of art literature covering fine, decorative, and commercial art. Content includes high-quality indexing of nearly 600 publications, many of which are peer-reviewed, and citations of over 25,000 book reviews.
- A digital library of more than one million images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences.
Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA)
- Provides access to the Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA)
and Repertoire de la litterature de l'art (RILA)
. Combined coverage for materials published between 1975-2007.
Digital Resource Commons
- Several databases of electronic images or videos; also includes sound, numeric data, and other types of electronic media.
Digital Video Collection
- Digital videos covering many subjects. Currently includes videos from the distributor, Films for the Humanities and Sciences.
Filmakers Library Online
- (Now known as Alexander Street Press)
documentaries with relevance across the curriculum: race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more.
Films on Demand
- Unlimited access to more than 12,000 videos and 100,000 segments for topics in Humanities & Social Sciences, Business & Economics, Science & Mathematics and Health & Medicine to name a few. The collections are dynamic, so any new videos acquired are added to the resource automatically. Public performance rights are also included.
Humanities International Complete
- Comprehensive database of humanities content.
Index to 19th Century American Art Periodicals
- Index to articles from 42 art journals published in 19th century U.S.
- Online access to scholarly articles in the arts and sciences.
- Catalog of books and other materials held in the Besse Library as well as access to books and materials held at Ohio college and university libraries.
SCIPIO: Art and Rare Books Sales Catalogs
- Catalog of auction catalogs of art objects and rare books.
- Catalog of books and other matierals held by libraries worldwide.
Ancient City of Athens
- A photographic archive of the archaeological and architectural remains of ancient Athens (Greece).
Archives of American Art
- Smithsonian archives of primary source documentation on the visual arts in America including letters, diaries, photographs, etc.
Art Images for College Teaching (AICT)
- Images of art and architectural works by art historian and visual resources curator, Allan T. Kohl.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
Art Project powered by Google
- Users can explore a wide range of artworks at brushstroke level detail, take a virtual tour of a museum and even build their own collections to share. Artwork from collections around the world, such as paintings, drawings, sculptures, historic and religious artifacts, photographs and important manuscripts, there is a wealth of additional material. Expertly narrated videos, audio guides, viewing notes, detailed information, maps and so on provide an invaluable range of content for visitors to enjoy.
- A comprehensive index of artists represented at hundreds of museum sites, image archives, and other online resources.
- Short biographies of American artists.
Athenian Agora Excavations
- Provides information on the Athenian Agora.
- International index of literature on conservation of cultural materials.
Bulletin of the Cleveland Museum of Art
- Online index for this publication. Publication found in print in the Ursuline Library
Cleveland Museum of Art
- Open collection of the CMA
- This site for museum professionals includes resources such as museum news, conservation resources, links to museum Web sites, and job postings.
National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Online collection of more than 3,000 works that provides a comprehensive survey of art by women from the 16th century to the present.
Smarthistory: A Multimedia Web-Book about Art and Art History
- This database may be browsed many ways including by individual work or time period. Includes videos, podcasts, articles, images and more.
- Showcases the works and art of structural engineering and architecture around the world.