Fact Sheet for Faculty
Library accounts are established automatically for new full- and part-time faculty. To verify access to all library resources in print and online, just stop in, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 440-449-4202 and make sure your library record is up to date.
The loan period for faculty is one semester for most of our books. Media circulation varies. There are no fines charges to faculty on materials that belong to the College. Faculty do pay fines on material borrowed through OhioLINK, SearchOhio and Interlibrary Loan.
OhioLINK and SearchOhio are consortia of academic and public libraries in Ohio. As a faculty member, you have access to the collections of these libraries as well as to the jointly licensed databases.
Online Resources Available 24X7
We subscribe to hundreds of databases, providing online access to full content of thousands of scholarly journals, e-books, and e-media. Try URSearch
, our all-in-one search box on the library's home page, or connect to your favorite database directly from our website. If you're off campus, you'll be prompted to enter your name and UrsulineID when authentication is required for subscriber access.
This is the library's article-finding service. If you are unable to access the full text of an article electronically, just complete an Article Request form online. We'll find the article and email it to you. If it is not available in our collection, we will initiate an Interlibrary Loan request.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
This is a free service for books that are not available through OhioLINK or SearchOhio. We will also obtain a journal article via ILL when an Article Request cannot be fulfilled in-house. ILL and Article Request forms are online and must be completed by the requestor in observance of copyright rules.
The library is open late nights and weekends, with additional hours during finals. We also offer extended daily hours during breaks and summer sessions. Please see our website for current hours for the library, Reference Desk, and Media Center.
Forms are available online or in the Library for both print and media reserve.
Research Assistance & Instruction
Reference Librarians are here to assist you. We offer a variety of resources especially for faculty, including:
- research expertise and personalized assistance
- librarian liaisons to facilitate department-initiated acquisition of library materials to support your course
- embedding online library resources in your course materials (e-books, online articles from subscription databases, academic online videos, etc.)
- tailored research instruction for your classes
- development of online Assignment Help pages, handouts, and other supplemental resources to support your assignment objectives
- workshops for faculty
Please eoncourage your students to contact us! Your recommendation is often the most effective way to get students to take advantage of the resources we have to offer. Our services for students include:
- personal assistance from our friendly, approachable librarians
- millions of books and other materials available through OhioLINK and SearchOhio
- 24x7 access to databases, millions of online journal articles, e-books, and e-media
- Article Request and ILL services
- Assignment Help pages and course materials on Reserve and Media Reserve
- The Cube, a Library Learning Lab located on the lower level that offers computers, a scanner, a duplex printer and a SMARTboard
- computer workstations and printers conveniently located throughout the library
- laptops available for 4 hour loan for use in the library or elsewhere on campus
- iPads available for 7-day loan
- comfortable study spaces including carrels, tables, and lounge seating
- study rooms of varying sizes to accommodate group work or private study
- a comfortable snack and vending area on the lower level complete wtih a large-screen TV, Wii gaming system, games, puzzles, and recreational reading
Librarian liaisons for each academic department are listed on the library's website. A complete telephone and email directory is also available online. For general assistance, you may email email@example.com
or call one of the following numbers:
- Circulation 440-449-4202
- Reference 440-646-8183
- Media Center 440-646-8182
Our library staff is friendly and accessible. Please let us know how we can help you and your students!