Loans of archival material are available only to Ursuline College faculty and staff as necessary for
college-related business. Loans will not be available when a photocopy or a scan will suffice. All borrowers
of archival material MUST
fill out and sign a loan agreement form and
must abide by the following policies stated below.
Policy Statement Regarding the Loan of Archival Material
- Loans of archival material are available only to Ursuline College faculty and staff as necessary for
college-related business. Anyone wishing to borrow materials from the archive must have the express
permission of the college archivist or library director. Time period for a loan will be agreed upon with the
- Restricted material will not be loaned to anyone except with the permission of the college archivist or
library director. Restricted material will only be loaned for the minimal possible time period.
- Loaned archival material must remain on the college premises at all times except with the permission of
the college archivist or library director.
- All loaned archival material must be kept in locked or secure areas at all times possible, and may only
be used by the individual(s) for whom the loan was issued.
- Individuals borrowing archival material may not share private or confidential information that may be
found in archival records except with permission of the college archivist or library director.
- Care must be taken in the examination and use of all loaned materials. Archival material must not be
marked, cut, torn, folded, soiled, disarranged, or in any other way damaged. Damages, whether in transit
or on the borrowerâ??s premises, shall be reported to the Ursuline College archivist immediately.
- It is understood that the materials covered by this agreement shall remain in the condition in which they
are received. Loaned archival materials shall not be cleaned, repaired, retouched, or altered in any way
except with written permission from the college archivist.
- Loaned archival materials will not be reproduced for purposes of sale without written permission of
- If these materials are to be used in an exhibit they must be properly mounted on acid-free backings
using no adhesives, pins, staples or the like. They must not be displayed under fluorescent lights or near
direct sunlight. All materials must be properly secured in locked areas.
- While on exhibit, all archival materials shall carry the following credit:
Ursuline College Archives
Ralph M. Besse Library
Pepper Pike, Ohio