URS Alert is a mass notification system that enables College students, faculty and staff to receive alerts and updates as text messages on cell phones. Participation by the College community is voluntary. It is powered by Omnilert Network e2Campus.
URS Alert will be activated for the following situations:
- College Closings or Delays - due to weather, power failure, or any other emergency requiring that the campus be closed or its opening delayed.
- Campus Emergencies - such as fire, intruders, or any other campus-based emergency requiring notification to all members of the College community and that may or may not include closing the campus.
- Crime Alerts - such as thefts or assaults.
- Other Emergencies - judged by the administration to require immediate notification to the College community.
No advertisements or non-emergency alerts will be sent to the registered phones. Your information is not shared with or sold to third parties. Your cell phone number will not be used by College offices to contact you through this text notification system.
You must sign up for the service in order to receive alerts. Since this is a voluntary service, you may choose to opt-in or opt-out of the service at any time. You are responsible for any text messaging charges from your wireless service provider.
Read Before Registering
- Fill in the registration form. Include the area code when filling in the phone number. Click "create account." You will be sent to a web page where you must enter the validation code that you will receive via text message on the phone being registered.
- Enter this code, click "Validate" and your account will be activated.
- The registration process is not complete until you receive a validation code on the mobile phone via text message and type that code on the registration site.
- If you do not receive a validation code by text message during the registration process, check with your cell provider to ensure you a registering a number with text messaging capability.
- You only have to register one time.
- Once your account is active, you can log in to your account and:
- Change your status from active to inactive
- Change your cell phone number
- Change your cell phone provider
- The University will send one test message per semester
To register, select the appropriate button below:
To change information about your phone number or provider, log in below:
here to contact our Help Desk!