BSN in 3
The Breen School of Nursing
at Ursuline College – the best nursing program in the region – is now offering qualified students the opportunity to fast-track entry into the nation’s fastest growing profession.
The first 3-year BSN cohort of 24 brilliant future nurses will launch in fall 2015. Earning your BSN in 3 years instead of 4 means the average starting salary of an Ursuline nursing graduate ($57,000/year) will be yours a year sooner, enhancing your lifetime earning power and fast-tracking the return on your Ursuline investment.The Breen BSN:
- Is a direct entry program, with admission to both Ursuline College and the Breen School of Nursing, there is no waitlist.
- Produces results. Ursuline grads have a 100% job placement rate and one of the highest NCLEX pass rates in Ohio – 98% in 2013.
- Has a national reputation, with accomplished faculty, national awards and alumnae who are shaping the future of the profession.
- Lets you learn alongside professionals in some of the world’s best hospitals. Ursuline student nurses complete clinicals and a 180-hour immersion experience at the Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals Health System and more.
- Curriculum accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Ambitious high school seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and ACT of 24 or SAT of 1110 (M+CR) are invited to apply.
- Submit the application for admission and select the 3-Year Nursing Cohort Program as your intended major.
- Send all required supporting materials (ACT or SAT scores, transcript, and letter of recommendation).
- Within 2 weeks of receiving all application materials, you will be notified if you have been selected to interview for admission to the 3-year BSN cohort.
- Students not selected for admission to the 3-year BSN cohort will be evaluated for admission to the traditional 4-year BSN program.
I'd like to register to interview November 1, as part of Senior Scholar Day
- If you have been invited to interview for the 3-year BSN, please follow the links below to register for your interview. When you select your interview date, you'll also be registering for the concurrent event on November 1 (Senior Scholar Day) or November 15 (Discover Nursing Day). Please note on your registration form that you've been selected to interview for the 3-year BSN, and we'll take care of the rest. Your interview time will be provided to you when you arrive on campus to your selected event.
- Your interview will be limited to 20 minutes with faculty and/or staff from the Breen School of Nursing. Come prepared to discuss your professional goals and the reasons why you would like to become a nurse. There is nothing else that you need to bring with you. Our goal is to get to know you and determine your readiness for a rigorous academic program.
- If you are not available to interview on either of these dates, please contact Olivia in the Office of Admission at 440 646 6047 to make alternate arrangements.
- You will receive your admission decision to the 3-year BSN cohort program within one week of your interview.
10am - 3pm, Lunch included
When you register for Senior Scholar Day, you'll be introduced to the various helping professions that Ursuline students enter, including Nursing. You'll get to participate in a hands-on activity in the Nursing Resource Center, learn about student life, housing, academic support services, and have the opportunity to win a $1,000 scholarship to help you "do something" special with your Ursuline education.
I'd like to register to interview November 15, as part of Discover Nursing Day
1pm - 5pm, Afternoon snack provided
Discover Nursing Day is your opportunity to learn all about the field of nursing and Ursuline's prestigious program. With topics ranging from critical care to hospital based rapid response teams, you will attend several 20-minute sessions to learn more about the areas of nursing, participate in a hands-on scenario in the Nursing Resource Center, and network with Ursuline faculty, students, and alumni.