HOF Nomination Details
The following criteria are used to select inductees each year:
1. Recipient has been out of school or athletic eligibility a minimum of five years.
2. Recipient has graduated from Ursuline College and participated for two years (varsity level).
2. A minimum of two, and a max of five inductees, shall be selected each year.
3. If the inductee's contribution to intercollegiate athletics was as a coach, staff, contributor, he/she must have served at least a minimum of 10 years on staff, and his/her achievements must be significant.
4. Athletes must have competed at a high level during her time at Ursuline College. An athlete’s performance will be judged based on her era of competing.
Other minor factors to consider: Support of Ursuline College and UC Athletics after graduation, number of sports in which she participated and excelled, and career accomplishments after graduation.
The Hall of Fame selection committee will be made up of the Athletics Director, Sports Information Director, Athletic Compliance Officer, Alumnae Director and Faculty Athletic Representative.
Process for Submission:
Submissions for the Ursuline College Athletic Hall of Fame can be made here and will be collected by the Sports Information Director. Nominations for 2010-11 must be made by December 1st. In the years to come, nominations must be made by October 1st of each year to be eligible for review.
Process for Announcement:
Announcement of the Hall of Fame selections will take place in November of each year. The induction ceremony will take place during the Athletic Banquet, which is held at the end of each spring semester.