Basketball Program Overview
The 2007-2008 season turned out to be a season in which the team saw continued success and many firsts for the program. Ursuline posted a 13-15 record while gaining their first ever playoff birth in the eight year old program. The team won more conference games than ever before and gained ground on many of the upper echelon of the conference in terms of competitiveness. The list of other firsts is long, but some of the highlights are:
- Highest scoring average per game â?? 76.0
- Most three point shots made â?? 228
- Most rebounds per game â?? 43.9
- Most steals per game â?? 9.7
- Highest Field Goal Percentage â?? 40.4%
- Ranked 8th Nationally in Total Rebounds per game â?? 43.9
- Ranked 8th Nationally in Defensive three point percentage â?? 27.2%
- Ranked 12th Nationally in Three point shots made per game â?? 7.9
- Ranked 16th Nationally in Scoring Offense â?? 76.0
Many individuals also had great success on the team, here are some of those:
- Whitney Blackburn was 12th in the nation in three point shots made per game at 2.89
- Diona Graham was 26th in the nation in total rebounds at 8.55
- Diona Graham was 32nd in the nation in field goal percentage at 50.3%
- Diona Graham was 32nd in the nation in steals per game at 2.69
- Jessica Wood was 42nd in the nation in total rebounds at 8.17
- Whitney Blackburn was 48th in the nation in three point shooting percentage at 38.5%
- Jessica Wood and Whitney Blackburn became members of the 1,000 point club this season.
- Jessica Wood is the all-time leading scorer in Ursuline College history with 1,215 points.
- Whitney Blackburn is the all-time leading three point shooter in Ursuline College history with 215.
The outlook for next year is very bright. We have a talented group returning and a stellar recruiting class that is coming in so far. The team is looking to improve upon their success this season with a strong summer of hard work.
back to Basketball Coaching Staff page