View Our Admission Requirements
General Admission Requirements
Students applying for admission must meet both the general requirements for admission to all graduate programs and the specific requirements of the particular program of study. For individual program admission requirements, refer to the program's web page.General Requirements Include:
Requirements for International Students:
- Official application and non refundable $25.00 application fee.
- Official transcript(s) for baccalaureate degree and any additional undergraduate or graduate academic course work. These must be forwarded to the Office of Graduate Admission directly by the academic institution.
- Evidence of ability to do graduate work as indicated by a recommended 3.0 GPA shown on applicant's transcript(s). Students may be asked to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or provide other evidence of academic ability if their GPA is below a 3.0. At the discretion of the dean, students may be admitted conditionally if their GPA is below 3.0.
- Three recommendations (utilizing the required recommendation form) attesting to the suitability of the applicant for graduate work in the particular program. (Students applying for a certificate program need not submit recommendations.)
- An interview with the program director and/or the Graduate Admissions Coordinator. Telephone interviews may be arranged for out-of-state applicants.
Students residing outside the United States or whose native language is not English must:
- Demonstrate a high-level of competence in the use of the English language prior to admission, including reading, writing, speaking and listening, by achieving a score of at least 550 (paper-based) or 213 CBT or 80 iBT on the TOEFL (the Test of English as a Foreign Language). The TOEFL is administered by Educational Testing Service, Box 6155, Princeton, NJ 08541-6155, USA (phone: 609 921 9000, web: www.ets.org/toefl). Applicants should make arrangements to take the test as soon as graduate study at Ursuline is anticipated and should request ETS to forward the official test score directly to the Office of Graduate Admission at Ursuline College.
- Provide official translations and evaluations of all transcripts or educational credentials. The World Education Services, P. O. Box 745, Old Chelsea Station, New York, N.Y. 10113-0745 (phone: 212 966 6311, web: www.wes.org) must evaluate all foreign educational credentials.
- Submit a statement of financial resources available for meeting the financial obligations incurred while attending Ursuline College.
- Meet the general and specific requirements for admission to the graduate program and be accepted for full-time study (at least 6 semester credits).
Applicants should refer to their program of interest for specific application deadlines. Applicants are urged to initiate formal application as far as possible in advance of the semester or term in which they plan to enroll.
Applications for admission to graduate programs may be submitted online or in paper form. Paper applications and all required documents must be sent directly to:Office of Graduate Admission
2550 Lander Road
Pepper Pike, OH 44124-4138