Financial Aid | How To Apply
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Don't delay: Any student wishing to apply for financial aid should completethe FAFSA as soon after January 1st as possible. You must complete this form each year and be sure to list Ursuline College's School Code of 003134 so that we will receive the processed results. You can complete the FAFSA in two different ways:
- FAFSA on the Web: Both the student and at least one parent will need a PIN number to complete the FAFSA. You can apply for one by going to Step 1 "Before Beginning a FAFSA" on the FAFSA website or by going directly to: http://www.pin.ed.gov. These PIN's serve as your signature on the application.
- A paper FAFSA Application: Paper FAFSA's are only available only by calling 1 800 433 3243.
Electronic FAFSA processing takes approximately one week. You will receive an electronic Student Aid Report (SAR) in response and the same results will be electronically sent to each college you listed on your application.
The FAFSA calculates each student's Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) which is used to determine the student financial need and federal and state aid eligibility. If you are a high school junior or senior and would like to have an estimated EFC before completing the actual FAFSA application please go to: www.fafsa4caster.ed.gov
Remember the results are only an estimate of the Federal EFC that is calculated when you file the FAFSA form.Student and Parent PIN Numbers
If you are filing through FAFSA on the Web, at www.fafsa.ed.gov
, you must first request a PIN Number. If you do not have a PIN Number, you can apply for one at www.pin.ed.gov
or by going to Step 1 on the FAFSA on the Web page. The PIN Number will not only give you access to your FAFSA information, but it will also allow you to make corrections on your application, sign student loan promissory notes, and view your federal loan history. Both parents and students need to apply for PIN numbers and use them as "signatures" on FAFSA on the Web. Ursuline College Supplemental Application
Returning students should also complete the Ursuline College Supplemental Application. This can now be completed on-line through Net Partner. This updates us on any changes in your major or expected graduation date as well as how many credit hours you plan to take in the coming year. Applying for State Aid
Ohio residents need not complete a separate application for state funds. Information is sent to the Ohio Board of Regents upon completion of the FAFSA. Tips for Completing the FAFSA
- Apply as early as possible! Most funds are awarded on a first-come/first-serve basis. Late applications may result in loss of Institutional Aid.
- Be sure to list the Ursuline College as the school to which you want your financial aid information sent. Ursuline College's school code is 003134. If you do not enter the school code, we will not receive a copy of your application results.
- Filing the FAFSA via the web is quicker and helps you in editing errors you may have on your application.
- If you are filing the FAFSA on the Internet at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov, you should first request a PIN number. You can apply for this PIN number at http://www.pin.ed.gov.
- If completing a paper FAFSA, please write legibly. You may use a black pen to complete the FAFSA
- Make sure to answer all questions that are asked of you. Do not leave a question blank if the answer is zero.
- It is best to answer all questions in the Asset Section of the FAFSA, even if you feel you are not required to do so. In many circumstances, students do not complete it when they are indeed required to, thus causing processing delays. If you provide asset information and you did not need to, the information will not be used in the analysis.
- If you answer "NO" to all of the questions in Section 2 of the FAFSA, you are required to list parental information on the FAFSA. The Central Processor will reject applications that are missing this information.
- Your tax returns do not have to be completed in order to complete the FAFSA. (Although it is easier to fill out the FAFSA with completed tax returns, do not let the fact that they are not yet prepared prevent you from estimating your income figures to get the FAFSA in early.) Actual figures can be updated electronically once your taxes are filed.
- If you are completing a paper FAFSA and would like confirmation that the Central Processor received it, be sure to complete and enclose the special confirmation post card that is included in the packet. Do not forget to address the post card and place a stamp on it!
- Make a copy of your completed FAFSA application before mailing it! This will save a lot of time and heartache if your application happens to get lost in the mail.
- Keep copies of your filed tax returns. The Central Processor randomly chooses 30% of the applications for verification. If you are chosen, you will be required to submit copies of student and spouse or parent (if applicable) tax returns.
- Call the Ursuline College Student Service Center at 440 646 8309 with any questions you may have. We are here to assist you in any way possible.